What does an end of tenancy clean include
Leaving your property? Make it look spotless for the next owner!
What is End of Tenancy Cleaning?
When you move into a new rental property, your new apartment or house will be looking its very best with impeccable looking carpets, a spotless kitchen and sparkling bathroom. The reason for this is that the previous occupants would have undertaken an end of tenancy clean.
Why do I need it?
We all like it when a home is nice and fresh looking, super clean and smelling great. Moving into a new rental property is no different. The slight difference when dealing with rental properties is that, the vast majority of the time, tenants have a contractual obligation to make sure that the property is left in exactly the same state as then the tenants first move in. If outgoing tenants fail to conduct end of tenancy cleaning the landlord can potentially hold monies back from the security deposit in order to have the property cleaned to the necessary standard.
What does the Does cleaning include?
Professional cleaning companies will have a long checklist of items that need to be covered when performing a thorough end of tenancy clean.
They will typically consist of the following;
● Clean/Disinfect all kitchen cupboards and well as appliances such as hob, oven, fridge, freezer and microwave (inside and out).
● Clean washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher (inside and out).
● Clean/ Descale/Polish wall tiles, bath and shower, basins, taps and fittings.
● Clean/ Descale/ Polish sink and toilets.
● Dust the property throughout and remove all cobwebs from ceilings, walls and so on.
● Clean all door frames, door handles and doors.
● Light switches, sockets, light fittings and light shades will be cleaned.
● Cleaning of internal windows.
● Dusting and cleaning of all skirting boards, as well as moving all furniture and beds to clean underneath them (where possible).
● Clean all window sills, windows and window frames.
● Polishing of all furniture (tables, chairs, chest of drawers, wardrobes, bookshelves, etc).
● Vacuum all soft furnishings.
● Hoover/ Mop all floors and stairs.
Can I do end of tenancy cleaning myself?
The majority of tenancy agreements will stipulate that the property must be cleaned to a professional standard. This does not necessarily mean that you would not be able to clean it to that standard yourself, and you are more than welcome to try! In reality, however, the majority of people are unaware of just how much is involved in cleaning to the standard required.
Remember, the property will be inspected when you check out and the clerk who does the check out knows exactly what to check for and what separates a professional end of tenancy cleaning from an amateur one. The last thing you want is to spend hours of your time and hard work scrubbing away only to be told that it is not up to standard and be charged for a professional clean anyway!!
How long does the cleaning take?
This will largely depend on the size of the property, however, the level of cleanliness already present in the property also has a significant factor.
How much does end of tenancy cleaning cost?
End of tenancy cleaning prices depend on the size of the property. Even if the property has been regularly cleaned throughout your occupancy, the end of tenancy cleaning is a lot more in depth than a typical weekly or fortnightly clean. For larger properties, it might be necessary for have a team of two or three cleaners which will obviously have an impact on the overall cost.
If you are looking for End of Tenancy Cleaning near me, then look no further than MyConstructor. We have a nationwide network of experienced, professional cleaning companies and with our competitive pricing structure, MyConstructor is able to offer you the best possible rates.